17 May, 2010

"Things I Am Presently Addicted To" or "A Look Into Melissa's Diet"

Well, as I suspected, Matthew and I remain kitty parents. No wee ones on the way -- just a voracious need for dill pickles, totally unrelated to pregnancy.

On the off chance that you were wondering; I restocked the pickles today, and have had six thus far.

So, I started thinking about all the things I have been craving lately, and consuming almost every day (No, nothing else is quite like the "great pickle ravening.").  Here is my short list:

- avacados -- I love avacados! I have been eating it sliced with kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper on an English muffin for breakfast or lunch or as a snack. I've also had it more guacamole style on blue tortilla chips. Yum! I don't think you can go wrong with an avacado!

- Crystal Light On the Go Pure Fitness -- Now, I am not one who usually flavours my water -- and water is my beverage of choice -- but since my mother gave me a couple boxes of this stuff (and it's not loaded with artificial sweeteners, colours or super nasty chems) to try, I cannot drink enough of it. I am down to one grape and one strawberry kiwi. I am saving them to use during a workout.

- Cascadian Farm Organic Cinnamon Crunch Cereal -- I am quite convinced that this is what heaven tastes like. I am a huge cinnamon fan, and this delicious cereal is sort of like a grown-up Cinnamon Toast Crunch.  However, it's not as sweet, and I think it has a nicer cinnamon flavour.

The down side to the cereal is that it doesn't come in a very big box. So, truthfully, I personally, could/can eat a box in a day. (I like cereal for a snack or any other meal.) I don't know what to do with myself when we run out (Yes, we do buy the cereal in bulk, but running out does happen.) No other cereal seems to measure up, in my opinion.

- Sacla' Italian Tomato and Olive Sauce -- What can I say? I love olives. Especially kalamata and green. Yummy! So, when Matthew's at work,  I oft make pasta, add a drizzle of olive oil, a whisper of oregano, a bit of Pecorino Romano, and some of this sauce. I also use it on pizza. Mmm! Add a salad, and a perfect and easy meal it does make.

Okay. So, yeah, I think I have a bit of an addiction to these consumables at the moment. Do you have any favourites that you cannot seem to live without?

1 comment:

Mansac said...

It's hard to tell why we have certain food cravings. Back in in the summer of 2001, whenever I was at the pool, once I had finished swimming, I always had this craving for fried rice. Fortunately, there was a cheap Chinese place on the way home.

More recently, it has been all about bagels and donuts. Talk about a hole-some diet!