24 April, 2010

Birthdays

My father's 65th birthday is on Monday, but we are celebrating it next weekend when my sister comes down to visit. I have been trying to think of the perfect, super special present for months, but what do you get the man who has and buys anything and everything he might fancy?

My mother was going to get him a Kindle, but the general consensus is that he'll never use it. He still hasn't learned how to use the little video camera my mother got him for Christmas.

So, now we're thinking of getting him this. My folks got one for Matthew for his birthday last year, and it is a very neat little device. My father has plans to build a bar in his "man cave" (his words) basement, and his cousin Ed sent him a set of specially engraved beer mugs for his birthday. So, it would go along with the theme, and it would be a memorable 65th present.

Do you have any 65th birthday suggestions?

No comments: